- How do I obtain a certificate of licensure history?
- How do I place a license on inactive status?
- How do I reactivate an inactive license?
- How do I transfer a license?
- How do I reinstate an expired license?
- As a broker, how do I terminate a licensee?
- How do I change the name of an estsablished real estate office?
- How do I apply for a course provider or instructor certification?
- How long is my certification as a course provider or instructor valid?
- Are course provider certifications transferable?
- As a course provider, how should I prepare course completion certificates that are acceptable to the Commission?
Answer: See Written License Verification.
Answer: Complete the Request for Inactive Status section of the License Status Change Form and send it to the Commission office. Enclose the inactive license fee. If you renew the inactive status by April 30 of even years, you may keep your license in inactive status for an unlimited period of time.
Answer: You must reactivate a license in inactive status before you can resume practicing in Delaware. Complete the Reactivation Request . Enclose the reactivation fee and proof that you have completed the required continuing education. Contact the Commission office for the amount required.
Answer: Complete the Request for Transfer section of the License Status Change Form and send it to the Commission office. Enclose the maintenance fee. You may destroy your old license certificate and pocket card.
Answer: You may file a late renewal application online for up to 60 days after your license expiration date. However, if your license has been expired for more than sixty days, you must apply to reinstate your license (Section 12.0 of the Commission’s Rules and Regulations). Complete the Application for Reinstatement of a Real Estate License and submit the required documentation following the instructions on the form. The Commission will review your application at its monthly meeting. If you need to sit for any portion(s) of the examination, the Commission office will notify you.
- If you fail to apply for reinstatement within six months of the expiration date, you must take the Delaware law portion of the examination.
- If you fail to apply for reinstatement before the next renewal period starts (two years from the expiration date), you must pass both general and Delaware law portions of the examination.
When you pass the required portion(s) of the examination, you must send the original score report that you receive from Pearson VUE to the Commission office.
Answer: Complete the Request for Termination by Releasing Broker section of the License Status Change Form. You must also send a notice to the licensee’s last known mailing address to advise the licensee of the termination. Enclose a copy of the notice to the licensee with the License Status Change Form and send them to the Commission office.
Answer: The broker of record must notify the Commission in writing of the name change and enclose the following:
- List of all the licensees affiliated with the office
- Payment of maintenance fee for each licensee (for updating and reissuing each license)
If the office is located outside Delaware, also enclose a certification of licensure history for the broker of record or the office showing the office’s new name.
Note that the broker of record must file an Application for Real Estate Office Permit when:
- Opening a new office
- Relocating an established office
- Changing the type of office (Main to Branch, Branch to Main)
- Reinstating an office permit that has been lapsed for more than 60 days.
Answer: See the instructions on the Application for Approval of Real Estate Educational Course and Real Estate Instructor Application . Also, refer to the Education Guidelines.
Answer: Certification for both course providers and instructor applicants is valid for a two-year period at the end. You must submit a new appllication to the Education Committee office by the end of the two-year period. There is no renewal process in effect for these certifications.
Answer: No. Course certification pertains only to the organization or person named on the application for that particular offering. It is not valid for sponsorship by another organization, which must apply for its own certification.
Answer: Samples of initial and re-issued certificates, showing the required content of each, are available at Sample Certificates.